Meet Dr. Parekh
Dr. Parekh is Board Certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and a Diplomate of the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology. His memberships include the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Texas Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Dental Association, Texas Dental Association, and currently serves as President of the Rockwall Dental Society.
Doctor Ketan Parekh, DDS
Dr. Ketan Parekh grew up in Pittsburg, Kansas. He attended Pittsburg State University where he received a dual degree in Biology and in Psychology. He went on to pursue his dental degree in Tennessee, graduating number 1 in his class. He then completed an advanced specialty training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Level 1 Trauma Hospital MetroHealth Medical Center and at the world-renowned academic medical center, The Cleveland Clinic. During his training, Dr. Parekh had the privilege of treating advanced surgical cases that included maxillofacial pathology, dentofacial deformities, and facial trauma. Dr. Parekh has spent an extensive amount of time training in Anesthesiology, General Surgery, Trauma Surgery, Surgical Intensive Care, and Internal Medicine. His interests are in pediatric and adult anesthesia, facial trauma, dental implants, “Teeth in a Day,” and wisdom teeth surgery. His strong work ethic and desire to help others has allowed him to touch the lives of many. He believes in integrity, understanding, and respect for his patients and colleagues.
In addition to private practice, Dr. Parekh maintains a faculty position as an adjunct assistant professor in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (OMS) at Texas A&M College of Dentistry and Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, Texas. He also has hospital affiliations and full admission privileges with Baylor Scott & White Medical Center in Dallas and Presbyterian Hospital in Rockwall, Texas.
Volunteering for mission trips has always been important to Dr. Parekh. He takes part in several medical mission trips throughout the United States, Mexico, and South America. In his spare time, Dr. Parekh stays extremely active in CrossFit training, has run several marathons, and enjoys cheering on the Kansas City Chiefs Football team; most importantly is spending time outside of the office with his wife Jennifer and their two young children. Dr. Parekh met his wife, Jennifer while in dental school. Dr. Jennifer Chou is a Board Certified Pediatric Dentist who maintains a practice in Rockwall, Texas. Together, they call Rockwall their home and are happy to raise their children in a supportive and close-knit community.
- Pittsburg State University – Dual Degree in Biology and Psychology
- Tennessee Institution – Dental Degree
- Level 1 Trauma Hospital MetroHealth Medical Center and The Cleveland Clinic – Advanced Specialty Training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Texas Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- Texas Dental Association
- President of the Rockwall Dental Society
- Board Certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Board Certified Diplomate of the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology
- Baylor Scott and White – Baylor University, Medical Center
- Associate Professor Department of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
- Rockwall Presbyterian Hospital